The AE101 Saloon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
detonation9000
SWC REGULAR
detonation9000

The AE101 Saloon  Empty
PostSubject: The AE101 Saloon    The AE101 Saloon  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:28 am

well seeing as I now have to keep this I said I may as well fire up a project thread I do miss the ep80 but having a child and the odd time having to collect people the starlet was becoming to small. So I gave a mate a ring and his brother had this asked him of he wanted to do a deal said yes this arrived the next morning.

car in general is clean has had a shocking attempt at someone trying to repaint the quarter panel but I'm gradually getting through the layers of lacquer that had cracked and made the quarter panel look like a crocs ass and the overspray on the wings from painting the bumper:P 

I actually sold him a good few bits for it the complete corolla GT interior from a 4dr hatchback and the wind deflectors
so it was nice to see them still in it

as you might see I did keep a few bits from the ep80 alloys hid kit cd player small stuff. Had a nice fx front bumper already so that was a bonus erm as for plans main things are to re-paint the quarter panel lower it 40mm fit one of my two rear boxes I have the power flow one and a universal one here tint the rear top half of the rear lights re-paint the bumpers a nice glossy black nice steering wheel and some sort of boot spoiler either a lip or some other type ..

here's a few pictures of it the next morning needed a was real bad and a polish.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

shocking paint match on the quarter panel during sanding
my arm was actually aching there was so much lacquer to sand off I was at this for atleast half an hour
and how bad it was you can see I started at the back
Back to top Go down
F.E.C.R.
ADMINISTRATOR
F.E.C.R.

The AE101 Saloon  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AE101 Saloon    The AE101 Saloon  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:57 am

o wow must of bean a good few hours sanding that back ha ha

got to keep yourselves busy Smile Smile

doesnt look to bad attal mate im sure you will get her up a level or 2 Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.starletworld.com
detonation9000
SWC REGULAR
detonation9000

The AE101 Saloon  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AE101 Saloon    The AE101 Saloon  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 11:31 am

I was and I still have some to do  Mad I said I may aswell keep going until its all done I need more sand paper or a sander

should look better once I done a bit more at it today
Back to top Go down
F.E.C.R.
ADMINISTRATOR
F.E.C.R.

The AE101 Saloon  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AE101 Saloon    The AE101 Saloon  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 4:14 pm

dont you have to go down to the basecoat to get rid of the chemical reaction nick ????
Back to top Go down
detonation9000
SWC REGULAR
detonation9000

The AE101 Saloon  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AE101 Saloon    The AE101 Saloon  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 4:30 pm

im going to go right back down to paint underneath it should be enough to get rid of this the petrol cap I stripped back to bare metal and have it primered already and is fine.

I think it was more the lacquer at fault as too much hardner was used causing it to crack but will know when I got sanding it again and primer that quarter panel how it turns out
Back to top Go down
F.E.C.R.
ADMINISTRATOR
F.E.C.R.

The AE101 Saloon  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AE101 Saloon    The AE101 Saloon  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 4:39 pm

think this is great that ur not afraid to tackle something like this hope it turns out very nice for you Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
detonation9000
SWC REGULAR
detonation9000

The AE101 Saloon  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AE101 Saloon    The AE101 Saloon  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 11:05 pm

ah I don't mind painting stuff or doing any type of repairs I'd just rather I had a compressor and gun instead of a rattle can but I work with what I can and make it look as good as possible
Back to top Go down
starletmad
admin
starletmad

The AE101 Saloon  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AE101 Saloon    The AE101 Saloon  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 8:47 pm

sold so this can be locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The AE101 Saloon  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AE101 Saloon    The AE101 Saloon  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The AE101 Saloon
Page 1 of 1